Privacy & SecurityLast modified: March 25, 2020Light Tree Private Brands B.V. (“demarkQ”)
The Site is intended for U.S. and European users only. If you are outside the United States or Europe, and you decide to access or use the Site and share your personal information with us, your information may be transferred to another country, such as the United States or Europe, and will be processed in accordance with this Policy.
By accessing or using the Site, you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, then you should not access or use the Site. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Site after we make changes constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To provide our services and operate the Site, demarkQ needs to collect, use, and disclose certain personal information, depending on how you use the Site. The following chart is intended to provide additional information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.Categories and Sources of Personal Information Examples Purposes for Collecting and Using the Personal Information
We collect this type of information from:
• You, such as when you enter your email address on the Site, sign up for our newsletter, request informational material, create an account, make a purchase, or contact customer service, post a review or provide feedback Data elements in this category include:
• Full name, nicknames, or any previous names
• Email address
• Mailing address(es)
• Telephone number
• Mobile number We use this type of information to identify you and communicate with you, including:
• To send transactional messages (such as order confirmations and account information);
• To send marketing communications, newsletters, and other information you’ve requested;
• To personalize our communications and provide customer service; and to communicate with you if you initiate a chat session.
We may disclose Contact Information to:
• Our Service Providers that: manage our mailing lists and send communications on our behalf; prepare, ship and deliver your orders; help improve your online shopping experience; process your payments; provide fraud monitoring and detection services; and maintain our customer database;
• Vendors who match and serve our targeted advertisements on social media platforms and other third-party websites; and
• The general public when you include your personal information in your posts, comments, and/or product reviews on the Site.
We collect this type of information from:
• You and your computer or devices when you interact with our website. For example, when you visit our websites, our server logs record your IP address and other information.
• Automatically, via technologies such as cookies, web beacons, when you visit our website.
• Other entities, including advertising vendors and partners.
For more information about the technologies we use, see the Automatic Data Collection Technologies section below. Data elements in this category include:
• IP address
• MAC address, SSIDs or other device identifiers or persistent identifiers
• Device characteristics (such as browser information)
• Details of your interaction with the Site, such as pages viewed and time and duration of visit We use this type of information:
• To identify you and your computer or device and remember your preferences;
• To improve our online services, our products and your browsing experience; and
• To measure the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns. We may disclose Technical Information to:
• Our Service Providers that manage the website and provide advertising and traffic analytics; and
• Vendors who match and serve our targeted advertisements on social media platforms and other third-party websites.
We collect this type of information from you when you shop on our website or provide feedback or reviews. Data elements in this category include:
• Your order history
• Products you viewed in the past 30 days or placed in your shopping cart
• The feedback you provided or the content of your review We use this type of information:
• To fulfil our business relationship with you, including processing your orders and providing customer service;
• To show our customers what you think of our products and services;
• To find a solution for the problem you may have raised or direct it to our Customer Care Team who may be able to help you with a complaint;
• To administer our loyalty program and offer promotions and discounts; and
• For fraud monitoring and detection purposes. We may disclose Commercial Information to:
• Our Service Providers that: manage our mailing lists and send communications on our behalf; prepare, ship and deliver your orders; help improve your online shopping experience; process your payments; provide fraud monitoring and detection services; manage the website; and maintain our customer database; and Vendors who match and serve our targeted advertisements on social media platforms and other third-party websites.
We collect this type of information from you and your interactions with us. Data elements in this category include personal characteristics and preferences, such as your age and gender. We use this type of information:
• To offer promotions and discounts;
• To personalize our communications and provide customer service and to improve our online services, our products and your browsing experience.
We may disclose Relationship Information to:
• Our Service Providers that: manage our mailing lists and send communications on our behalf; manage our loyalty program; and maintain our customer database and Vendors who match and serve our targeted advertisements on social media platforms and other third-party websites.
We collect this type of information from you
• Payment processors and other financial institutions
*We do not directly collect or process your financial information; it is collected directly by our payment services provider. Data elements in this category include:
• Payment card information
• Bank account number and details (if you use automated payments)
We use this type of information:
• To fulfil our business relationship with you, including processing your orders and issuing refunds and for fraud monitoring and detection purposes.
Financial Information is directly collected by our payment services processor.
OTHER DATA USE AND SHARING
We may also use and/or share each of the categories of personal information above for certain business purposes, in accordance with the law, such as (1) for security and fraud detection; (2) to comply with our legal obligations, judicial or regulatory proceedings, a court order, or other legal process; (3) to enforce our rights, Terms & Conditions, or other applicable contract terms; or (4) if we sell our business or our company assets to a third party.
Additionally, during the preceding 12 months we have provided the above categories of personal information to our investor to enable our investor to provide advice and analytics, including about improving our products and services, assess our performance, and evaluate their investment in our company.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
When you access and use the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to automatically collect certain Information about you, as described above. We and our service providers may use some of the following technologies to automatically collect Information about your activities on our Site.
Technology. How it Works
Flash Cookies (also called local stored objects) collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site.
Web beacons are transparent image files used to monitor your journey around our Site and can help us understand how you interact with our Site.
Web server logs
Web server logs are a historical record of your activity in connection with your use of our Site. For example, a web server log may record the search term you used that directed you to our Site. It may also collect information about the browser you use when visiting our Site, and other metadata related to your device.
Geo-location technologies, including your IP address, may allow us to determine your location.
THIRD PARTY TRACKING AND DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
Right to know
The GDPR permits our users who are European residents to access and obtain in a portable format from us, up to twice a year and free of charge, information about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collected, used, sold or disclosed to third parties in the immediately preceding twelve (12) month period.
Right to delete
You have the right to request deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exemptions provided for by law.Right to opt-out
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. demarkQ does not make your personal information available for purchase or otherwise share your information in exchange for money. demarkQ does share your personal information (including your Contact Information, Technical Information, Commercial Information, and Relationship Information) with social media platforms and other advertising partners to match and serve our targeted advertisements. This sharing may be considered a “sale” under the GDPR broad definition. You can opt out of our sharing of your personal information for targeted advertising purposes by emailing customerservice@demarkQ.com.
Right to be free from discrimination for exercising your rights
You have the right to be free from discrimination related to the exercise of any of your GDPR rights.How can you submit requests for your Right to know, Right to delete or Right to opt-out?
If you are a European resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request directly, or through your agent. Email us at customerservice@demarkQ.com.
You will receive a confirmation email to acknowledge receipt of your request. Our customer service will contact you to help you with the next steps of the verification process. For your protection, the customer service will need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request and will request additional details if necessary. We will respond to your request within the timeframes allowed by applicable data protection laws.
You may submit a request to know or a request to delete your personal information through an authorized agent. If you are submitting a request on behalf of another person, please be prepared to provide proof, such as signed written permission, that you are authorized to submit a request on that person’s behalf. We may also require the person to independently verify their identity with us and confirm that they have provided the agent permission to submit the request on their behalf.
In order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may request information to verify the authenticity of the request. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your personal information.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
demarkQ is committed to protecting the information of our customers, which is why we employ commercially reasonable security measures designed to protect your personal information. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You understand that you are providing your personal information to us at your own risk.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
This Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at customerservice@demarkQ.com.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this Policy from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by prominently posting a notice of such changes. We encourage you to review this Policy frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the practices described, or need to access this Policy in a different format, you can email us at customerservice@demarkQ.com.